Friday, March 17, 2017

That was weird...

Rolling down the interstate at eighty, the half-dead audio system in the Zed Drei was fighting with the wind noise in the top to be heard.

I had no idea what the local stations were, and hit something via "scan". I didn't have it turned up loud, so hearing any real detail in the music was out of the question. I could basically make out the rhythm track and the occasional guitar chord. Vocals? The DJ between songs? Drowned out by wind noise and static.

At first, I thought it was a "classic rock" channel. I was pretty sure that was a Def Leppard song, and that was Whitesnake, and that was maybe the Eagles? But that seemed kinda like Toto, circa IV...and that sure seemed like Katy Perry...

Then I got deeper into broadcast range for the station, the signal got stronger and the static went away and I turned the volume up a little...I'd been listening to a "country" station. Huh.
.